Why Join A Support Group?
A support group is one of the best places to get information about the disease, the best ways to deal with the symptoms, and find out what others are doing to cope.
The APDA makes a lot of information available to support groups through pamphlets, dvds, and books. And Support Group leaders tend to know what resources are available in your area for assistance, and what assistive devices might be helpful for you.
A Support Group’s Goals Are:
- To educate it’s member’s about Parkinson’s Disease.
- To provide an open and supportive atmosphere that actively encourages all members to interact and exchange information and ideas.
- To provide up-to-date information on Parkinson’s Disease in a timely manner through it’s professionally planned programs.
- To educate members of the Support Group on resources available throught the community.
- To make each member acutely aware of their own importance and self worth.